Monday, September 17, 2007

Why I'm writing this blog.

Like most of us, I've had thoughts/insights over the years that have stuck with me and that I felt needed to be expanded on. Since I don't know if anyone will ever read any of my entries, I have to assume I'm writing for myself. Which is what a writer should do, no? If I'm not of any interest to myself, how could I hope to be to someone else?

I established a couple of rules before I started this blog: (1) write about what I am personally interested in, and (2) write each entry in one sitting, with little or no revision later except to correct grammar, punctuation, or spelling -- or a rare clarification of something. What you read here is what I wrote as it occurred to me, on the computer in my basement office, usually at night. Not an apology, just an explanation.

A few early entries are incomplete and should be avoided. I wrote them before I was sure that I wanted to do this on a continuing basis. Pass over them and just go to those that seem to be of some interest to you. I'll get back to those first attempts later and turn them into real entries (or delete them). Thanks for your understanding.

Let me know what you think.

David Hall

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home